Women in Quantitative Finance Conference (WQF)
London: Wednesday 17th October 2018
WBS Training are delighted to announce our new conference for 2018: Women in Quantitative Finance Conference (WQF). This conference will showcase the female talent within the existing quants community, discuss opportunities for the next generation and the current challenges for women in quantitative finance. Whilst focusing on the hottest topic in QF at present Machine Learning. Please note this is not a female only conference.
Standard Fee: £399.00 + UK VAT
50% Academic Discount (FULL-TIME students only)
Sponsorship: Email me today
Connect with 500 delegates from across the quantitative research world.
- Host the Gala Dinner
- Host the Drinks Reception
- Join the discussion and present at WQF conference
- Join the debate and sit on a panel
- Take a kiosk
- Helyette Geman: Birkbeck – University of London & Johns Hopkins University
- Siobhan Cooper: Managing Director: Model Review and Governance, JP Morgan
- Roxana Simion: Risk Specialist, Prudential Regulation Authority, Bank of England
- Diana Ribeiro: Deputy Head of Rates Quantitative Research, CB Markets, Lloyds Banking Group
- Nicole Sandler: FinTech and Regtech – EMEA Legal Regulatory Policy and Affairs, Barclays
- Paul Bilokon: Founder, CEO,Thalesians, Senior Quantitative Consultant, BNP Paribas
- Sarah B Tremel: Global Head of Analytics, Global Valuation Group, HSBC Bank
- O. Ediz Ozkaya: Executive Director, Machine Learning Labs, Securities, Goldman Sachs (to be confirmed)
- Abdel Lantere: Data Scientist, Quantitative Consultant, HSBC
- Saeed Amen: Founder, Cuemacro
- Jessica James: Managing Director, Commerzbank AG
- Katia Babbar: MD, Head of e-FX Algorithmic Trading, FX Product | CB Markets, Lloyds Banking Group
- Christoph Burgard: Head of Risk Analytics For Global Markets, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Hanna Assayag: Director- eFX Quantitative Research at HSBC (To be confirmed)
- Representative from Goldman Sachs
- Representative from J P Morgan
PANEL: Talent Attraction & Retention
- What are QR Financial Services currently doing and what should they be doing to attract more female talent?
- What can recruitment companies do to help?
- What strategies are financial companies using at present if any?
- What are QR Financial Services currently doing and what should they be doing to retain female talent?
PANEL: Career Progression
- Do you think that being a woman is a significant factor in slowing down career progression in QR Financial Services?
- If so, could this be avoided and how?
- What mentoring programs are available for juniors if any?
- Is it still hard to make it to the top positions, if so why and what can do done to change the situation?
- Discuss female role models in finance and significant achievements
- Tips from coaches on career progression (eg having your voice heard)
- Gender diversity issues (discuss numbers, policies, how to address it)
- How important are the following:
- Promotions/Career opportunities
- Pay gap elimination
- Agile/Flexible working
The conference files will be made available for download via a password protected website before the event. Please print out each presentation if you wish to have hard copies before the conference and bring them with you.
Also, Wi-Fi access will be available at the venue to view presentations on laptops and mobile devices.